Little Stars of White Hall Academy Nursery Admissions
For more information regarding our nursery please click on the Little Stars header, or call 01255 422825 and ask for nursery who can give information about prices and /or check funding eligibility.
White Hall Academy Admissions
Pupils will be admitted to Reception classes at the beginning of the academic year (September) in which their fifth birthday falls. This is without reference to their ability and aptitude. The intended number of admissions for this academic year is 90. You must now apply directly to Essex County Council
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit.
- Children who live within the boundaries of the existing catchment area. A map of this area is available from the Academy office.
- Children who have a brother or sister currently attending the Academy.
- A child who has medical grounds for admittance (supported by a doctor’s certificate.)
- Proximity of the child’s home to the Academy, measured by a straight line.
- In each individual oversubscription criterion, priority will be given to looked-after children.
- Admission to the Nursery does not mean automatic entry to the Reception classes.
- Where parents feel that they do not wish their child to start school before statutory school age, it will be acceptable for them to start at the beginning of the term in which their fifth birthday falls.
- In each individual oversubscription criterion, priority will be given to a looked after child.
- The Academy will agree any changes to its admissions’ arrangements with the Secretary of State for Education. It will establish procedures for appeals against non-admission which will include an independent element. Details of admissions and appeals’ arrangements will be published each year.
Essex County Council - Admissions Appeals
Please click here for details of how to appeal against a refusal of a place at a primary school.